Please understand that we are teaching in classrooms, if there is a delay in response. Thank you!
Monday – Friday
7:15 a.m. – 5:45 p.m.
Welcome to Bright Star Learning Center, LLC. Here, it is our vision to provide your child with a positive, safe, fun and quality early childhood developmental program.
Our child care philosophy is to provide an environment:
- That resembles the comforts of home
- Where learning occurs as a result of fun
- That encourages both independent play and socialization
- That reinforces the values of respect and virtue, including sharing, patience and good manners
- Where the children feel safe and happy
- That helps children learn how to successfully relate to others
Our child care program:
- Encourages children in age-appropriate developmental tasks
- Challenges children’s intellectual curiosity, reasoning and creativity
- Models integrity and respect for others
- Allows children to experience quality adult-child interactions
- Encourages children in art, music, language, math, literacy and social development
- Encourages children to grow in independence and self-sufficiency
- Ensures consistency and fairness in treatment
Our philosophy of child care is to provide for the parents/guardians:
- Open communication about your child
- Up-to-date information about your child’s activities
- An attitude of teamwork in areas relating to your child’s development
Our goals in caring for your child include:
- Getting to know your child’s interests, strengths and challenges.
- Helping children explore their creativity and imagination
- Offering developmentally appropriate learning opportunities
- Helping children build respect for themselves, others, our classroom and property
- Introducing new experiences in fundamental learning
- Building on past experiences that provide a comfort zone for each child
MEET THE DIRECTOR/OWNER:
Thank you for taking the time to research our preschool and daycare center. I understand that choosing who will care for and teach your child is an important decision. At Bright Star Learning Center we pride ourselves on bonding with every child and every family to assure you that your child will receive the best care and education. Some qualifications that help me to be a successful director are completing child specific college courses, experience as a licensed EMT, and my greatest qualification is being a mother to my children, Jonathan, 15 years, Griffin, 3 years, and Anastasia, 1 year.
I train each teacher to create a positive, calm classroom atmosphere. We focus on calming techniques, such as deep breathing, hugs, and using words to express our feelings.
My husband and I are the owners of Bright Star Learning Center, LLC. We look forward to welcoming you to our school family!
Michelle Cox Lally
MEET THE STAFF:
Lead Teacher: Courtney Tooley
Associate Lead Teacher: Hannah Eddins
Part time Teacher: Max Buccheim
Part time Teacher: Errianna Calvin
Part time Teacher: Cheyenne Garrett
Junior Preschool Classroom:
Lead Teacher: Brie Baker
Associate Lead Teacher: Brianna Casey, 26, has worked at Bright Star since May 2012 and graduated from MU in 2012 with a Bachelor of Science in Education with an emphasis in Art Education. Prior to joining us at Bright Star, worked in various elementary, middle and high schools as well as several child care programs. Brianna values the importance of getting to know her students on a personal level, since she believes "children are our future and it’s so important that we make sure they are developing and they have plenty of love.” Brianna’s favorite children’s story is I Ain’t Gonna Paint No More and if she could be any animal, she would be a tiger because they are fierce and an animal she has always loved.
Associate Lead Teacher: Sierra Daniels
Part time Teacher: Ruth Farley
Part time Teacher: Sara Nelson
Senior Preschool Classroom:
Co-Lead Teacher: Anna Spyrison
Co-Lead Teacher: Annie Campbell
Part time Teacher: Leah Hoelscher
Part time Teacher: Lizzie Hafley
Kitchen Manager: Bonnie Cochran
Substitute Teacher: Eileen Westveer